Motor Vehicle Accidents
Have you suffered an injury from an automobile accident? Not sure what to do now? You need a legal team that has experience and success in fighting for victims of accidents caused by reckless drivers. The law firm of Joseph Horowitz can pursue the money and compensation you deserve after a negligence-based car accident.
Were you injured by a negligent driver?
Reckless driving and motor vehicle accidents can occur in many different forms. If you or a loved one have been injured or killed as the result of the following, we can handle your case and seek justice.
- Car Accidents – If the driver was texting or talking on a cell phone, distracted by other activities, speeding, or aggressive driving, you have a strong case.
- Truck Accidents – A freight vehicle or tractor-trailer can have deadly effects on other vehicles. We will investigate the cause of the accident and seek compensation for you.
- Motorcycle Accidents – Motorcycle operators are vulnerable and unprotected on the road, and can suffer serious and fatal injuries from minor collisions. Negligence is a common cause of motorcycle accidents.
- Pedestrian Accidents – Were you hit by a vehicle as a pedestrian? We will fight for your rights and best interests to get the compensation you deserve.
- DUI – If you have been hit and injured by an intoxicated driver, you may be eligible for more than basic insurance compensation.
Joseph Horowitz and his legal team also work with victims of public transportation and commercial vehicle accidents, vehicle rollover incidents, and rear-end collisions. If you think your accident was caused by the negligence of another driver, schedule a consultation with our firm. We will review the details and determine if you have a case, then can proceed with an investigation toward a successful settlement.
What to do if you are involved in a car accident
Immediately following a motor vehicle accident, there is a standard procedure for filing an insurance claim and accounting information. If the other driver was acting with recklessness or negligence, it is important to have all document information and photos.
- Check to see if yourself or anyone else involved is injured. Call 9-1-1 to bring police officers and an ambulance to the scene.
- Talk with witnesses to gather their recollection of the accident
- Talk with the other driver(s) to collect their information
- Call your insurance company to report the accident
- Take notes and photographs to document the scene of the accident
- Your insurance company will come back with a property damage estimate. If the other driver(s) wants to settle, do not accept the first settlement offer.
- Acquire the legal assistance of a skilled, experienced personal injury lawyer to help you navigate the legal procedure of a personal injury caused by a motor vehicle accident.
Pittsburgh Car Accident Injury Lawyer
Joseph Horowitz has knowledge, experience, and success in dealing with car and truck accidents caused by negligent and careless drivers. Put his dedication and reputation on your side to fight for the compensation you deserve.
Involved in a motor vehicle accident in Pittsburgh? Call us at (412) 406-6082 to schedule your consultation and begin your case for justice.